Monday, July 10, 2006

My experiments with Orkut

You know you are obsessed with Orkut when you check it even before you check your email. Yes, I have become one of those orkutting weirdos.

The internet community website seems to be making a strong comeback with several people I know making a beeline for Orkut last month.

I first joined it a couple of years ago at a time when few in India had heard about it. In fact, I remember telling a friend about it and him thinking Orkut was some kind of fish.

Those were pioneering days for Orkut in India. Disheartened by the lack of enthusiasm for what was obviously such a brilliant idea, I quit. I soon forgot my username-password and Orkut became just a distant memory.

In February this year, persuaded by a friend, I rejoined Orkut. Things didn't work out again. Friends and acquaintances did not respond to my invites to join, thinking it would be a waste of time. The Orkut search did not turn up any long-lost schoolmates. I quit.

Things perked up only in June when a friend forced to me give Orkut a third and final try. I logged in with my Gmail id and Voila! It worked. Almost everyone I knew was finally online and I was actually getting scrapped.

Orkut in India was inundated with users in June, a fact which remains inexplicable. But I am not complaining. Go ahead, give Orkut a try. It really does work.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I discovered orkut recently. And I must say that I keep going back to that site. Atleast till now, it's been fun out there.:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tony,

    Have heard about orkut a lot can you please you send me an invite (email:myjottingz@gmail.com)

    Thanks,
    C.G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madhoo: Same here

    CG: Have sent u an invite

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll luv to join orkut community bt i need a invitation.Plz help me by sending an invitation in myplacementcell123@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have sent u an invite too

    ReplyDelete
  6. But i still havent been able to persuade Sumita...I guess with her entry, my friends' list would look complete...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts