Thursday, June 15, 2006

The dangers of being tech-challenged

Am in a very bad mood. Had been tinkering with my blog template two days ago when something happened - either the Blogger server went down or God knows what - but when it ended I found that half my template had disappeared.

Although I managed to salvage my posts and archives using what html stuff I could decipher from other blog templates, I lost all the links to my articles online that I had painstakingly collected over the past year to put up on the blog. That too after ranting about the lives of deskpersons in a media office.

I tried Google cache and web archives too but to no avail. I realised I have been relying on technology quite a great deal and how a small glitch can bring Toe Knee literally down to his knees.

Update: Things seem to be a bit okay now. I managed to painstakingly salvage a dozen individual links to my articles. Thank God for Google. As for the rest of the links, they are out there in the world wide web. Just you wait.

2 comments:

  1. its bad Karma catching up with you. That's what happens with desk-person rants :P :P

    i'm kidding, so don't beat me up, if you're tall and hefty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess I can't beat you up then. I am tall...but skinny. And more importantly, I don't know where you live.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts