Monday, May 12, 2008

Vote for the Booker of Bookers

The Best of the Booker, a one-off celebratory award to mark the 40th anniversary of the Booker Prize, announced its shortlist today.

To be honest, I had only read Salman Rushdie's "Midnight's Children" (1981) and J M Coetzee's "Disgrace" (1999). And Rushdie was my choice.

The other four shortlisted books, chosen from the list of 41 Booker Prize and Man Booker Prize winners, are:

Pat Barker's "The Ghost Road" (1995)
Peter Carey's "Oscar and Lucinda" (1988)
J G Farrell's "The Siege of Krishnapur" (1973)
Nadine Gordimer's "The Conservationist" (1974)


Of course, Rushdie is the favourite for the award but you can vote for any of the six contenders here.

Voters have until midday on 8 July to select the best novel to have won the Booker prize since it was first awarded on 22 April 1969.

The Best of the Booker will be announced on 10 July 2008.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could vote, but I dont wanna do that cos all I have read out of those is Salman Rushdie of course! It would not be fair to vote unless I have read all the others! Nonetheless, this gives me my next 4-5 books on my list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts