Saturday, May 03, 2008

Today is International Shutdown Day

Life without computers is difficult, maybe impossible. Are you brave enough to shut down your computer for a day?

Shutdown Day is one of the biggest global experiments ever to take place on the Internet. The idea is to find out how many people can go without a computer for one whole day -- this year D-day falls on Saturday May 3, 2008.

What to do Just shut down your computer and involve yourself in some other activity, just to remind yourself that there still exists a world outside your monitor.

What I did All I can say is that I tried. And failed. And I wrote this blog post for you. And considering the fact you are probably reading this on May 3, you haven't been able to stay away from your computer either. Well, for losers like us there's always next year.

But if you still want to give it a try, click here

2 comments:

  1. Never knew of this, nevertheless, I try everyday to think about the world beyond the comp....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye: I don't. Guess I should enrol myself in Computers Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts