Sunday, August 30, 2009

Reflections from the Delhi Metro

Travelling alone on the New Delhi Metro Rail? Short trips are fine but an hour-long commute in a jam-packed compartment can be deathly boring.

Wondering how to pass your time? Eavesdropping helps.

Woman 1: My boyfriend says I don't provide him enough intellectual conversation
Woman 2: Really?
Woman 1: So I said we could talk about derivatives
Woman 2: Derivatives?
Woman 1: There was this programme on the stock market on NDTV Profit and I learned a bit about derivatives.
Woman 2: And?
Woman 1: Raj said he was impressed
Woman 2: He must have hoped that would make you very happy
Woman 1: Yeah, I said I am very much obliged (Laughs)
Woman 2: Men are all the same

RELATED POSTS
An Ode to the Delhi Metro

ALSO READ
Surviving Delhi's Bus Rapid Transit Corridor Part I
Surviving Delhi's Bus Rapid Transit Corridor Part II
Surviving Delhi's Bus Rapid Transit Corridor Part III

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts