Thursday, April 12, 2007

CNN-IBN bigger culprit than Narayana Murthy

Am surprised to see CNN-IBN television's coverage of Infosys founder Narayana Murthy apparently insulting the National Anthem. After all, the television channel insults the anthem every single day when it airs the CNN-IBN ad featuring Rajdeep Sardesai with Jana Gana Mana playing in the background.

Several people change the channel or put off their television sets each time the ad is aired. What do you think?

The CNN-IBN ad using the national anthem is -
Offensive
Okay
Who cares?
Can't say
  
pollcode.com free polls

5 comments:

  1. Haven't seen the ad yet. Will watch out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tony,
    I think I have seen it.... But its not offensive. Why shouldn't it be used? What Narayana Murhty said was stupid but this isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alaphia: Why did CNN-IBN have to use the national anthem to promote itself? As for Murthy, I don't think he meant any disrespect and used the wrong word 'embarrassment' to describe the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have seen the Namesake... Damn good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't seen it, and I don't think I will get to, given my location, etc... hence, my vote for 'can't say'!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts